FWP Proposes 2018-19 Hunting Rules for Region 4
The Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks has set January meeting dates in north central Montana to discuss the tentative hunting regulations for the next two years, according to FWP biologist Ryan Rauscher of Conrad. He Recently passed along the following information for hunters and others interested:
The tentative rules and regulations were approved by the Fish and Wildlife Commission earlier this month, and include statewide and regional regulations for antelope, black bear, bighorn sheep, bison, deer, elk, moose, mountain goat, mountain lion, and upland game birds.
Among FWP Region 4 recommendations for the 2018 and 2019 seasons are adding a regional white-tailed deer B license, increasing and adding mule deer B licenses in several hunting districts and making the dates and licenses of the Region 4 elk shoulder seasons more uniform.
The Fish and Wildlife Commission will consider public comments before making final decisions at its February meeting in Helena.
The FWP Region 4 meetings start at 7 p.m.:
- Chester – Jan. 3, Chester High School Auditorium, 511 Main Street
- Shelby – Jan. 4, Marias River Electric Cooperative, 910 Roosevelt Highway
- Stanford – Jan. 9, Judith Basin County Courthouse meeting room, 91 3rd Street North
- Conrad – Jan. 9, Pondera Community Center, 311 South Virginia
- Wolf Creek – Jan. 11, Wolf Creek School
- White Sulphur Springs – Jan. 11, WSS Training Center, 104 W. Crawford
- Choteau – Jan. 15, Choteau public library – back room
- Ft. Benton – Jan. 16, Ambulance Barn, 810 15th St.
- Lewistown – Jan. 17, Lewistown Sheriff’s Complex, 121 8th Ave. S.
- Great Falls – Jan.18, Paris Gibson Education Center, 2400 Central Ave.