Toole County Situation Summary
· Currently there are 241 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Montana with 6 of those cases in Toole County. Daily updates on Montana cases can be found at the Montana Response website.
Marias Medical Center (MMC) and Marias Heritage Center (MHC) Operational Updates
· Visitor restrictions are still in place. No visitors are allowed at MMC facilities. Exceptions include a parent or guardian of children under 18.
· Visitors (meeting that criteria), patients, and employees are screened for illness before entering the facility and are required to put on a mask. Employees are also screened at the end of their shift. Any employee who shows signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 are immediately sent home and then contacted by Employee Health for further evaluation.
· Vendors are not allowed in the facility unless absolutely necessary. Any essential vendor will enter through the loading dock entrance and go through the same screening process as all employees.
· MMC and MHC continue to take every recommended action per CDC guidelines to ensure that surveillance, interventions, and containment strategies are in place to protect patients, residents, staff, and our community.
· Governor Bullock has directed a 14-Day quarantine for travelers arriving in Montana from another state or country.
· Many community members have had questions about testing. With a limited number of tests available, not everyone can get tested. We are following CDC guidelines and prioritizing testing. All medical testing, including for COVID-19, must be ordered by a medical provider.
· While our current supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is meeting our needs, we launched "Project PPE" to help bolster our supplies. We are grateful for the donations we have received! More information can be found on our website.
· MMC has a dedicated call center for questions related to COVID-19. We encourage the community to call (406) 890-7272.
· MMC and TCHD are working with partners, both state and regionally, to bring the necessary infrastructure, workforce and back up plans to provide care to our community.
Toole County Health Department (TCHD)
· Contact tracing is performed on every confirmed case of COVID-19, anyone who is identified as a close contact will be contacted by TCHD.
· Due to the current workload and staffing, TCHD asks that if you need to contact them please do so via the email and / or phone number listed below.
COVID-19 Joint Information Center (JIC) Resources
· MMC and TCHD JIC continue to utilize various media to provide education and updates. o Facebook – Toole County Health Department/ Marias Medical Center o Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone – 406.424.8309 o MMC Website
· The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Montana Department of Health and Human Services (DPHHS) have wonderful and reliable resources available online.