MSU Cancells Events as a Precaution Against COVID-19
BOZEMAN — A number of events to be held at Montana State University in the coming weeks have been canceled or postponed as a precaution due to the coronavirus disease COVID-19.
The events are listed below by date. Where appropriate, please follow the links for more information about individual events or how to contact organizers with questions.
- The Montana Family, Career and Community Leaders of America’s leadership conference, which was scheduled for March 19-20 at MSU, is postponed until further notice.
- The March 24 performance of Baby Shark Live! at Brick Breeden Fieldhouse will be rescheduled for a later date. More information will be available at babysharklive.com.
- A March 25 Montana Institute on Ecosystems’ Rough Cut Seminar Series lecture by Todd Koel, “Invasive Lake Trout Induce Cascading Changes in the Yellowstone Lake Ecosystems,” is canceled.
- A March 25 lecture by Andrew Hansen, “Growing Pains in the Western U.S.: Land Use Change, Loss of Wildlands and Consequences for Biodiversity,” is canceled.
- The College of Letters and Science's Kopriva Science Seminar Series lecture set for March 26, "Making Proteins Glow Brighter for Neuroscience," by Rosana Molina, a doctoral candidate and recipient of a 2019 Kopriva Graduate Student Fellowship, is canceled.
- A March 26 lecture, “Statistics and Data Visualization: Current Challenges with Applications to Environmental and Health Sciences,” with Mark Greenwood, professor of statistics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, is canceled.
- The MSU Initiative for Regulation and Applied Economic Analysis’s Innovation and Regulation Conference, which had been scheduled for April 3, is postponed.
- An April 3 screening of the award-winning film, “The Weight of Water,” is canceled.
- A College of Letters and Science’s Distinguished Speakers Series lecture set for April 9, "We All Know That Human Rights are Universal: U.S. Support for LGBTI Human Rights, Then and Now," with Cynthia Burack, professor at Ohio State University, is canceled.
- An April 15 lecture by Olympian and Women’s National Basketball Association great Tamika Catchings is postponed. Current ticketholders may apply for a refund. MSU is working to reschedule Catchings’ lecture and visit to campus sometime during the next academic year, according to Carmen McSpadden, director of the MSU Leadership Institute.
The MSU News Service will provide periodic supplements to this list as needed.
Those seeking more information about Montana State University events should consult the university’s calendar at montana.edu/calendar. You are encouraged to use the information on the calendar pages to contact event organizers for the latest updates.
Information about COVID-19 from MSU is available at montana.edu/coronavirus.