The Montana Office of Public Instruction is interested in your input at a meeting hosted by the Great Falls Chamber of Commerce. Monday, June 12 at 1pm at Heritage Hall on the Great Falls College - MSU campus.
Currently we are working on:
- The new school expenditure reporting requirements
- In the coming week we will be asking LEA's as well as MASBO to begin collaborating with our finance experts on this topic. We are currently working with a financial transparency collaborative made up of 25 states.
- Long term goals for academic achievement and graduation
- OPI staff are working on equations and growth models that make sense for schools as well as researching what is being done in neighboring states with similar demographics. We will soon have various ideas to present to our partners in education.
- We are hoping to use the SBAC data to help project more accurate long term goals when it comes in this summer.
- Accountability Indicators are being researched further.
- College and Career Readiness
- We are examining various models and indicators for college and career readiness. We have discussed mathematic pathways for this as well, STEM paths or others depending on the needs of the student. Collaboration between school superintendents, higher Ed., OPI, CTE and others will continue.
- Revising the Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) for consolidation of school reporting and to promote meaningful improvement planning through collaboration of school teams.
If you are unable to attend, please send feedback, input and questions to ESSAinput@mt.gov by June 23rd.