Governor Seeks Nominations for the 2022 Montana Veterans Commendation
HELENA, Mont. – Governor Greg Gianforte's office is accepting for nominations for 2022 Montana Governor’s Veteran Commendations.
“No state values its veterans and their service to our country more than Montana,” Gov. Gianforte said in a press release. “With the help of folks across the Treasure State, our veteran commendation honors heroes who served our country in uniform and have made Montana a better place through their life of service.”
Relying on nominations from Montanans, the Montana Governor’s Veteran Commendation recognizes outstanding Montana veterans who have selflessly and honorably served in our nation’s armed forces and who have made a positive impact in their community.
Thirty-one veterans received the award in 2021, including John Alstad of Sunburst.
The deadline for nominating an outstanding Montana veteran is October 28, 2022. Recipients of the Montana Governor’s Veteran Commendation will be announced later in the year and honored in the new year.
- The veteran must be a current resident of Montana.
- The veteran served and was honorably discharged from the U.S. armed services.
- NOTE: Posthumous awards are not available.
- The veteran has demonstrated service to his or her community.
- A veteran may not nominate him or herself.
If you would like to nominate a veteran for this award, click HERE.
Information you will need to have for the nominee
- Branch of Service & unit
- Dates of Service
- Discharge date & final rank at discharge
- Medals, Awards, and Commendations
- Civilian Service to Communit