Choteau Citizens Really Know How to Celebrate Freedom!
The Choteau Jaycees and the entire community of Choteau will put on an epic celebration for Independence Day and it all gets started on July 1st. It's a celebration that shouldn't be missed! The schedule is full of great family, as well as adult, activities to really celebrate what this country stands for! The whole schedule of activities can be viewed after the jump...
Friday, July 1
- "A Little Bit of Showbiz" will kick off the celebration with an opportunity to see the children of the community in a musical play at the high school auditorium at 6pm.
Saturday, July 2
- The Jaycees will hold a mini-carnival on Main Avenue North; at 10am they'll kick off the Choteau Summer Festival and Soroptomist Kids Carnival (11am) in the City Park.
- Choteau Community Band Concert in the City Park at Noon
- 1pm you can catch the Duck Races, also in the city park
- Pick up your registration packet for the Got Grit Obstacle Course Race between 2 and 3pm, Race briefing is at 3 with the start of the first wave of the race at 4pm.
- The Class of 1981 30 year reunion will be at the Choteau Country Club, Golf at 2pm and dinner at 5.
- The class of 1971 40-year reunion will have an informal gathering in the park during the evening
Sunday, July 3
- Starts with the Jacyees mini-carnival on Main Avenue North - hours to be determined
- The Choteau VFD Keg Hockey registration begins at 10 and the games begin at noon!
- The Class of 1971 will start up again at the Choteau Country Club at 2pm on Sunday with dinner at 4:30
- Choteau Class of 2001 ten year reunion will get underway at 3pm at the Country Club with a BBQ and Social
- Wylie and the Wild West will perform a free concert in the City Park (sponsored by the Choteau Chamber of Commerce) from 4-6pm
- Catch the ChoteauBoxing Smoker at the Choteau Rodeo grounds - gates open at 6pm, fights at 7pm
- The evening will conclude with street dances downtown